Heavy Metal Toxicity and Kidney Disease
Heavy metals are metals that are at least five times denser than water. They cannot be metabolized by the body and include mercury, nickel, lead, arsenic, cadmium, and aluminum. Our Kidney Helper product is recommended for helping to balance the body allowing it to purge heavy metals from the kidneys. Heavy metals have no function or nutritive value in the body and are toxic. In modern society, toxicity from heavy metals is a growing problem throughout the world.
Heavy metals can be taken into the body in several ways. Inhalation, absorption through the skin, and ingestion are three examples. If you take them into your body and they are allowed to accumulate faster than the body can detoxify them, heavy metal poisoning will occur.
You do not need heavy exposure at once to become poisoned by heavy metals. Light exposure repeated over time will do the same amount of damage. Metals can accumulate in your fat cells, in your liver and kidneys, and in other organs. Heavy metal toxicity can impair many different systems in the body, including kidney, liver, and colon--and can cause skin damage, cardiovascular illness, and endocrine, gastrointestinal, immune, and nervous system damage.
If you suspect you have heavy metals in your system, there are several ways you can be tested. One is through a kidney biopsy or a bone biopsy. Blood and urine can also be examined. A less invasive method is to have your hair tested. Because your body tries to rid itself of heavy metals, they often show up in your hair. Many times, however, doctors overlook the possibility that people are poisoned this way, and the problem goes undiagnosed.